Monday 26 January 2009

Farlin Gum Soother

I call these little guys "Chompy Bears" and they are my all time favourite teethers - easy to care for and with a satisfying spongy texture that feels good to chew, unlike the more commonly available silicone or plastic teethers.

A pleasing and attractive teddy bear designed teether. Made from high quality durable rubber. Especially designed to relieve discomfort whilst baby is teething. Each arm and leg has a different texture which gently massage baby's gums which helps to reduce any discomfort. The centre has colourful balls which rattle and attract babies attention.


I first bought them for Wombat, who loved them so much I ordered a stack of them - they were very cheap but I had to get them from England, I have never seen them in Australian stores. They seem to be made in Taiwan.



At nearly 3 years old, Wombat still loves his chompy bears... he chews on them for comfort that is as much emotional as physical. Munchkin loves them too - as does every other baby I have gifted them to.

The bear is white, and the ring in the centre is available in pastel pink, blue, yellow and green. The different textures on the arms and legs are very effective and great for sensory exploration. I often see Munchkin chomping on one limb after another until he finds the one he wants at that moment! Keep them in the fridge for some extra soothing relief from teething pain.

I replace them every few months, and you may ask, what do you do with a used chompy bear? The answer is - they make great parrot toys!

No comments: